Do you want to avoid embarrassing situations during a destination wedding (for both the bride and the guests!)?
Here are some practical rules that if followed, will certainly help prevent any kind of awkwardness at any destination wedding event:
1) Guests: Make sure that you use a long dress if the destination wedding is going to be during the afternoon.
2) Bride and Groom: Give lots of attention to the invitations.
3) Groom and groomsmen: The groom and his groomsmen must use boutonnieres
4) Groom: Use a morning dress (or frac) if getting married before 18:00. Dark attire for evening events.
5) Bride: Make sure that you are wearing your engagement ring the day of the wedding.
6) Bride and Groom: Remember to send your Thank you Notes after the wedding.
7) Bride: Be at the ceremony maximum 10 minutes late.
8) Bride: Make sure that you use soft hair do's and a natural look for make-up.
1) Bride: If you are small, don't choose a "cascade" type of bouquet.
2) Bride: Having some skin color is nice, but make sure you don't exaggerate in your tanning!
3) Bride and Groom: Don't take pictures where you are only posing!
4) Bride: Don't use "heavy or showy" make up or hair styles.
5) Bride and Groom: Don't sit at the same table divorced parents.
6) Bride and Groom: Don't print the address on the envelopes of the invitations; it should be written by hand.
7) Bride and Groom: Don't use emails as wedding invitations.
8) Bride and Groom: Don't add the details of your wedding registry in your invitations.
View the discussion thread.