Marriage Requirements For Foreigners Who Wish to Get Married in Guatemala
For those of you who are interested in getting married in (Antigua) Guatemala, here is a list of the requirements.
Marriage Requirements for foreigners:
- Birth Certificate (each).
- Certificate stating that you are single (each).
- These two certificates must be signed by :
a. The Ambassador of Guatemala in the country of each of the spouses
b. Minister of External Affairs in Guatemala.
(Legal Translation of each of the documents is required should they not be in Spanish)
- Medical Certificate stating that both of the spouses are in good health.
- Publish of the edicts (1 edict in ” El Diario de Centroamérica” and 1 edict must be pubished in “Diario La Hora”)
- Notification of the marriage in each of the spouse’s embassy.
- Notification of the marriage in the “Registro Nacional de las Personas” (RENAP) in Guatemala.
Fees vary depending on the nationality of each of the spouses.