There are many reasons why you would like to have a Destination Wedding. You may even chose one of the places where either one of you is very familiar, or a location where you used to spend your summer. Or it can be a completely new country, one that you have always wanted to visit.
Here is a list of factors that can help you in choosing the ideal destination for you and your guests.
1) What kind of legals and religious norms does the country have to be able to get married there?
2) What are the documents needed to be able to get married there? Do these documents need to be translated in the countries's original language?
3) Are the original documents necessary? Do these documents have to be sent beforehand?
4) How long does it take to get the marriage license? How long do we have to wait after we get the marriage license?
5) How difficult is it for your guests to be able to get there? (change of plane?)
6) Are the flight and hotel fares reasonable for your guests?
7) Is it possible to visit the location before getting married there?
8) Is there an expert in the planning of destination weddings that can help the guests in booking hotels and help you in contacting vendors, booking venues, etc?
9) What is the weather like when you plan to get married?
10) How many days beforehand do you have to be at the location you chose to get married?
Keep in mind that the number of guests and the sum that you will be paying for the expenses at the location, will be defined once you establish the amount that you consider appropiate to invest.